I came across a Teapot competition for 2008. I’m not too sure who won, but I’ve picked out some of my favorites! I love the movement and style of this teapot by Nancy Arkuss. It reminds me of one of these veiled statues; – Another one that captured my imagination is this one; –Continue reading “Teapots: Oil and Water and other Elements”
Tag Archives: alchemy
My Surfaces: ‘Alchemy’ page 4 Brown Sauce meets Latex
Continuing with the ‘Alchemy’ project I did a few years ago: The surfaces now are getting thicker. 1. Brown sauce is mixed with cornflour and a water based clear varnish. Brown sauce can be used to clean metal. Some people clean coins with it. I myself like the verdigris and patina of an old coinContinue reading “My Surfaces: ‘Alchemy’ page 4 Brown Sauce meets Latex”
My Surfaces: ‘Alchemy’ page 3 playing with the contents of an old make up bag
Continuing with the ‘Alchemy’ project I completed a few years ago, this page is about make – up (Old make up I may add). I mean Charlie glitter???? Never throw anything away and you too can live in a tip like me lol! Seriously, don’t ever put old make up on your skin..PAINT or experimentContinue reading “My Surfaces: ‘Alchemy’ page 3 playing with the contents of an old make up bag”
My Surfaces: ‘Alchemy’ page 2 Kitchen media
Continuing with the experimental project ‘Alchemy’; – The experiments on this page took place in the kitchen. Soft pastel pigment mixed with washing up liquid (1) add vinegar (2) add cream kitchen cleaner (3) add crimson drawing ink (shellac based) (4). Linseed refined oil added (6)
My Surfaces: ‘Alchemy’ page 1 Cocktail of delight!
Alchemy project where unusual media was expermented with. For some reason or other, I seem to have had a lot of different alcohol in: hence the experiments… Starting with pearlescent ink (1) I then added cherry brandy (2). Keeping with the ink I added whiskey (3) note: quick drying (probably the alcohol) Starting with acrylic,Continue reading “My Surfaces: ‘Alchemy’ page 1 Cocktail of delight!”
My Surfaces: ‘Alchemy’ continued
Continuing with the ‘Alchemy’ project. The objective was to use unusual mixes of media. Experiments were varied and personal notes made. I made the pages loose leafed so I could add to them, plus it made them easier to work on.
My Surfaces: Alchemy
In the ‘Alchemy’ project, the objective was to experiment with unusual media. Of course I had a field day! This is the cover, which consists of two cardboard covers (back and front). The pages are held in place with a big clamp. The media use consists of silver paper rolled up and shaped into theContinue reading “My Surfaces: Alchemy”